Sunday, April 2, 2006

Brokeback Motorcyclist

The other night at our regular poker night, one of the boys mentioned that he had seen the movie Brokeback Mountain. The jeers , catcalls and taunting from the guys came in a thick and deadly barrage.
His excuse he explained, after the verbal carnage, was that his wife had wanted to see it, and he just tagged along.
Personally I have no such desire to see the movie and as a matter of fact the last movie that I had seen in a movie theatre was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I took my young nephew. I can think of better things to spend my money on as life's priorities take a toll on the pocket book. Usually I spend my money on bikes, babes and beer and the rest I just waste.
In the old cowboy movies it wasn't unusual for the hero to fall in love with his horse, dog or cows and of course the girl next door, but never another cowboy.
And things around here, out on the prairies, hasn't changed much in the last 100 years and thats about how we like it. The fancy cowboys have a tendency to migrate to the urban centers leaving us to our horses and girls and in my case, my iron horse.



No comments:

Post a Comment